Hi, Wonderful Mommas!
Some or the other time most of us would have experienced our children become very fussy about eating daily food or fruits. Well if you haven’t experienced such a determined mood swing against a particular food of your kiddo then I must say ‘lucky you’!
Talking bout myself, my kiddo and I, both have such mood swings where we both don’t like to have regular food stuff but something different.
To combat this or just for the Choti-Choti bhookh (hunger pangs) I make these yummy biscuit canapes. These are healthy since they have fruits & veggies along with yogurt to add in a creamy texture in every bite instead of cheese.
So here’s my version of Biscuit Canapes:
- Apple: 1
- Orange/Kinnow: 1/2
- Cucumber: 1/2
- Carrot: 1-2
- Pea: Handful
- Hung Yogurt: 200 gms.
- Salt to taste
- Sugar: 2 tbsps.
- Cayenne pepper powder: a pinch
- Black pepper powder: a pinch
- Sweet & salty biscuit packet like Monaco or Krack-Jack: 1
- Chop all the veggies and fruits in almost equal size. (Do not forget to de-seed oranges first.)
- Now in a separate bowl mix the yogurt with all the seasoning.
- Add the cut fruits and vegetables in the yogurt and mix well.
- Now arrange the biscuit on a platter and starting with the first biscuit add a spoonful of this yogurt-veggie mixture. (Do this step just five minutes before final serving otherwise the biscuit will not remain crunchy.)
- Your Biscuit Canapes are ready. You could garnish with fresh coriander leaves or just gulp in simply like that.
The best part of this quick snack is it does not require one to be a great cook. Even one can have a fun mommy-kiddo time while making these delicious Biscuit Canapes.